The student news site of Bishop Lynch High School

The Friar Feed

BLHS to join Diocese of Dallas in community-wide prayer for those affected by Hurricane Harvey

Bishop Edward J. Burns has asked the 74 Catholic churches in the Diocese of Dallas to hold a Holy Hour with Eucharistic Adoration at seven o’clock in the evening on Thursday, September 7, 2017.

According to Bishop Burns, “This is an opportunity for Catholics to come together to pray for those affected by the hurricane, and in particular for those who have lost their lives. This is something that is being done, to the extent possible, in every diocese in Texas as an act of solidarity and prayerful support with our suffering brothers and sisters.”

At Bishop Lynch High School, we will hold Eucharistic Adoration in the Saint Catherine of Siena Chapel during third period (12:00 pm – 2:00 pm) on Thursday, September 7.  We invite all those in the BL community to stop by the Chapel for a few moments of prayer, as your schedule permits.

We have responded to those hurting because of Hurricane Harvey, but have we remembered to pray?  Please commend all our efforts to God in prayer.

Please note: The Sacrament of Reconciliation previously scheduled for the Chapel during this time will be offered in the Sacristy.