The student news site of Bishop Lynch High School

The Friar Feed

BL Welcomes New Staff Members for the 2017-2018 School Year

In addition to the five new full-time faculty members, Bishop Lynch High School is pleased to introduce three new staff members for the 2017-2018 school year. Please join the rest of the BL community in welcoming these strong and talented professionals who will share their exceptional gifts with Bishop Lynch High School!

Bentley Hudson joins the Communications Department as the Graphic Designer. Ms. Hudson grew up in Alabama and decided to stray from her family’s long string of University of Alabama graduates to pursue her passion in advertising and design at Texas Christian University in Fort Worth, Texas. After majoring in graphic design and minoring in psychology, she moved to Dallas in 2016. Prior to joining Bishop Lynch, Ms. Hudson partnered with companies in the DFW Metroplex as a Freelance and Independent Contract Designer.

Outside of graphic design, Ms. Hudson specializes in hand-lettering/calligraphy and teaches yoga. Beginning this fall, she will also be joining the Lady Friar Cheer coaching team as freshman coach. A fun fact about Ms. Hudson … If you could live in any decade, which one would it be? “The 70’s! I’m a flower child at heart. I love the music and fashion of that time period. I also think the 70’s was a time of massive creativity and pushing the boundaries of art.”

The Guidance Department welcomes new Guidance Counselor, Ms. Shea Sanchez, who will be working with sophomores-seniors with last names He-O. Ms. Sanchez received her bachelor’s degree from the University of North Texas and Master of Education in School Counseling from Dallas Baptist University. With more than 13 years working in education, five of which spent in counseling, Ms. Sanchez also holds her Educational Leadership and Principal Certification from Stephen F. Austin.

Ms. Sanchez has two daughters (11 and 6) who will be attending St. Pius X Catholic School in the fall. She also has two active dogs, and enjoys being outside, running, riding bikes and working in the yard. A fun fact about Ms. Sanchez: “My family has a long history with Bishop Lynch. My father, Wally Stock graduated in 1966 and my mother Sue Westbrook Stock graduated in 1967 and was BL’s first Homecoming Queen!”

New to the Admissions Department this year is Lauren Shirley, Admissions Administrative Assistant. Ms. Shirley graduated from Crandall High School in Crandall, TX, and continued her education at the University of Texas at Dallas where she graduated with her bachelor’s degree in Interdisciplinary Studies.

Also a member of the BL Athletics Department department, Ms. Shirley will be starting her second year as the sophomore volleyball coach. A fun fact about Ms. Shirley: “I love potatoes! In any form … mashed, baked, fried, chipped and roasted! :)”

Please join us in welcoming Ms. Hudson, Ms. Sanchez and Ms. Shirley to our 2017-2018 Bishop Lynch “Staffulty!”