The student news site of Bishop Lynch High School

The Friar Feed

BL Welcomes New Teachers for the 2017-2018 School Year: Meet Ms. Margarita Morales

Bishop Lynch High School is pleased to announce the addition of five full-time teachers to the Friar family for the 2017-2018 school year! Each one brings with them their own unique personality and experience, and all are committed to advancing the mission of the school.

Please join the rest of the BL community in welcoming these strong and talented professionals who will share their exceptional gifts with Bishop Lynch High School!

Today, it’s time to Meet Ms. Margarita Morales – Math Department!

The Math Department will welcome four new members to their teaching team this year, including Margarita Morales who will teach Pre-Calculus beginning this fall. Ms. Morales comes to BL from Nimitz High School, where she has been teaching math for the past six years.

Originally from Los Angeles, CA, Ms. Morales attended Dallas Baptist University and California State University, Northridge before graduating from Southern Methodist University. She earned degrees in biology and mathematics, and a minor in chemistry with an emphasis in pre-med. While at SMU, Ms. Morales was a part of many organizations including Kappa Delta Chi Sorority, The Society of Hispanic Professional Engineers, Multicultural Greek Council and Alpha Epsilon Delta (Pre-medical Honor Society). Ms. Morales later joined the faculty at Nimitz High School where she taught Pre-Calculus, Algebra II, College Algebra and Calculus. She is also active as a curriculum writer for the district and a contract consultant for the College Board. Ms. Morales is currently working on her master’s degree in mathematics at Texas A&M Commerce – with an expected completion in May of 2018.

At home, Ms. Morales and her husband, Javier Rodriguez (BL Class of 2004), have two active husky dogs, which keeps them very busy. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, singing karaoke, traveling to new places, watching hockey, going on cruises and trying different escape rooms. She recently took up golf and hopes to be ready to play by the end of the summer!

Please join us in welcoming Ms. Margarita Morales to the 2017-2018 BL “Staffulty!”