The student news site of Bishop Lynch High School

The Friar Feed

Bishop Lynch High School Celebrates Final All-School Mass of the Year with Bishop Burns and Exciting Recognitions

Our last all-school Mass of the year was certainly special as we were honored to have Bishop Burns on campus to celebrate with us! Thank you Bishop Burns for your visit, your words and offering the Mass for us this morning!

At the end of our worship, two special awards were presented to members of our faculty! Ms. Michele Longoria was the recipient of yet another Catholic Foundation Work of Heart Award and Mr. Jerry Waldon was named Bishop Lynch High School’s Diocesan Distinguished Educator. Mr. Waldon will join Bishop Burns and Dr. Vereecke this evening as they “honor the distinguished individuals of the Catholic Schools in the Diocese of Dallas who dedicate their lives to preparing students to reach two important goals: College and Heaven. Congratulations!!!

Finally, before dismissing the student-body, there was one more surprise as Bishop Burns blessed the newly delivered STATE CHAMPIONSHIP RINGS belonging to the Lady Friar Basketball team!

Bishop Burns also took some special time at the end of his visit to spend with our incredible Friar Choir. He thanked them for singing at his Solemn Vespers Service, the Pro Life Dinner and all the other events where they share the gift of their beautiful voices!

What a great morning with much to celebrate!