The student news site of Bishop Lynch High School

The Friar Feed

Mu Alpha Theta – Congratulations to our March Award Winners

Mr. Ron Steiner, Deputy Director for Technical Operations at BL, receiving Mu Alpha Theta’s Outstanding Staff Member Award for the month of March from the officers, Ben Walter, Zach Zipper, Lani DuFresne, Jacob Villarreal, and Audrey Paetzel.

Four students received “double-high-five” awards for winning the most math contests overall this year: Jacob Villarreal, 17 contests, Zach Zipper, 12 contests, Lani DuFresne, 11 contests, and Zimu Guan, 10 contests.

Students who were winners in the math contests listed below (since our last meeting on February 15) holding engraved “Math Contest Winner” pencils:

NCL Advanced Math Contest – Round 4
In the 4th Round of the National Catholic League Advanced Math Contest, Reagan Withrow took 1st Place, and there was a three-way tie for 2nd Place shared by Alice Feng, Jacob Villarreal, and Zach Zipper.

Continental Math League Calculus Contest- Round 3
In Round 3 of the Continental Math League Calculus Contest. Reese Reynolds and Reagan Withrow tied for 1st Place, and Ben Collier, Maggie O’Connor, Giann Santos, Trey Thomas and Jacob Villarreal tied for 3rd Place.

ASMA Senior Division Math Contest Results – Round 6
In the 6th Round of the ASMA’s Senior Division Math Contest, Ben Walter and Zach Zipper tied for 1st Place, Kristen Linares and Megan Metry tied for 3rd Place, Ryan Maso, Mary Parsons, and Carissa Torres tied for 5th Place, and Hyunil Cho, Jessica Hageman, and Mallory Lancaster tied for 8th Place.

Texas State Math League Contest – Round 6
In the 6th Round of the Texas State Math League Contest, Zimu Guan took 1st Place with a perfect score, and Audrey Paetzel took 2nd Place, missing only one problem. There was a twelve-way tie for 3rd Place shared by Ben Collier, Lani DuFresne, William Guo, Gabriel Lucio, Payton Nickles, Massimo Piersanti, Henry Roden, Will Seidel, George Smith, Niamh Tierney, Reagan Withrow, and Zach Zipper.