The student news site of Bishop Lynch High School

The Friar Feed

BL Welcomes New Teachers for the 2017-2018 School Year: Meet Ms. Loralee Berg

To conclude the new full-time faculty announcements for 2017-2018, please join the rest of the BL community in welcoming Ms. Loralee Berg!

The Math Department will welcome four new members to their teaching team this year, including Ms. Berg who will teach Geometry and Algebra I this fall. An educator for more than 35 years, Ms. Berg spent eight years in Richardson, 24 years in Mesquite and the last three years in Wylie serving as the Math Learning Specialist for grades 9-12.

No stranger to the Dallas area, Ms. Berg grew up in Richardson and graduated from Richardson High School. She attended The University of Texas in Austin and received her bachelor’s degree from Texas Tech University. Ms. Berg later received her Masters of Secondary & Higher Education from Texas A&M University – Commerce.

Ms. Berg has two grown sons who also live in Dallas and in her spare time, she likes to golf, garden and spend time with her family and friends. She’s excited to be teaching again with long-time friend and co-worker Mr. Paul Gardner (also in the Math Department) who she taught on a team with more than 20 years ago!

Ms. Berg is looking forward to joining the Friar Family saying, “I am thrilled to get the chance to be a part of such a rich culture at Bishop Lynch … I’m fortunate to be able to share my love of math with my students!”

Please join us in welcoming Ms. Loralee Berg to the 2017-2018 BL “Staffulty!”