The student news site of Bishop Lynch High School

The Friar Feed

BL Welcomes New Teachers for the 2017-2018 School Year: Meet Ms. Katie Williams

Bishop Lynch High School is pleased to announce the addition of five full-time teachers to the Friar family for the 2017-2018 school year! Each one brings with them their own unique personality and experience, and all are committed to advancing the mission of the school.

Please join the rest of the BL community in welcoming these strong and talented professionals who will share their exceptional gifts with Bishop Lynch High School!

Today, it’s time to Meet Ms. Katie Williams – Math Department!

The Math Department will welcome four new members to their teaching team this year, including Katie Williams who will teach Algebra I and Algebra II beginning this fall. Ms. Williams comes to BL from Lake Highlands High School, where she has been teaching math for the past eight years.

Ms. Williams was born in Dallas and grew up in Lakewood where she attended St. John’s Episcopal School. She credits her 7th and 8th-grade math teacher from St. John’s – Mrs. Wrenn – for instilling within her a love for mathematics and a strong desire to teach. Ms. Williams went on to graduate from Ursuline Academy in 2005 and after graduation moved to Austin to attend the University of Texas. While at UT, she earned a bachelor’s degree in mathematics and completed the UTeach teacher education program for aspiring high school math and science teachers.

Upon graduating from UT in 2009, Ms. Williams accepted a position at Lake Highlands High School and moved back to Dallas to pursue her dream of becoming a math teacher. She treasures the last eight years at LH and feels fortunate to have started her teaching career within such a great community. She is now very excited to begin this new chapter at Bishop Lynch High School!

In her free time, Ms. Williams likes to read, listen to podcasts and watch documentaries. She loves to be outside — especially walking, biking and spending time out at the lake. Ms. Williams enjoys spending time with her family, friends, her two pugs – Bernie and Carlos – and cat – Vincent.

Please join us in welcoming Ms. Katie Williams to the 2017-2018 BL “Staffulty!”

2 Comments

2 Responses to “BL Welcomes New Teachers for the 2017-2018 School Year: Meet Ms. Katie Williams”

1. Margaret "Trigger" Butler on June 21st, 2017 2:04 pm

Dear Katie,
    Many good wishes as you begin teaching at Bishop Lynch! You will be a grand addition to the faculty. Thank you for your kind mention of Chris Wrenn! What a WONDERFUL TEACHER she is!
    You and your family bring sweet thoughts to my mind and heart, Katie,
    Again, I wish you the BEST!
    Your friend,
    Trigger Butler

[Reply]

2. Bob Iden on June 21st, 2017 8:50 pm

On behalf of the five Lake Highlands exes who now call Bishop Lynch their home, welcome to our school community, Katie! You’re going to love it here as much as we are going to love having you here. Best wishes for much success!

[Reply]

If you want a picture to show with your comment, go get a gravatar.

• BL Welcomes New Teachers for the 2017-2018 School Year: Meet Ms. Katie Williams

Showcase

Summer at BL – How can one campus be filled with THIS much fun?!?

Showcase

BL Welcomes New Teachers for the 2017-2018 School Year: Meet Ms. Loralee Berg

Showcase

BL Welcomes New Teachers for the 2017-2018 School Year: Meet Ms. Margarita Morales

Showcase

#FriarFocus: Student Spotlights – Summer Edition – Katie Shore

Showcase

BL Welcomes New Teachers for the 2017-2018 School Year: Meet Ms. Katie Dorsey

News

Summer Greetings from Dr. Riley

Showcase

Bishop Lynch High School names Andrew Balettie as Director of Bands

News

Mission: Rally TOP SELLERS go to TOP GOLF!

News

Bishop Lynch Choir Members Selected to All-Region Choirs

News

Twenty-three Recognized Scholars Honored During Annual Breakfast