The student news site of Bishop Lynch High School

The Friar Feed

BLHS 2017 John F. Kennedy Award Honoree – Mr. Michael Ogunbadejo

Each year at the Bishop Lynch High School Honors Convocation, the Student Council presents the John F. Kennedy Award, which is intended to recognize a faculty/staff member whose life exemplifies the ideals repeatedly expressed by the 35th President of the United States. “Our success or failure will be measured by the answers to four questions: First, were we truly men (or women) of courage? Second, were we truly men (or women) of good judgment? Third, were we truly men (or women) of integrity? Finally, were we truly men (or women) of dedication?”

The nominee of the JFK Award should command a unique blend of respect and affection from the Bishop Lynch community and possess qualities of patience and fortitude. He or she should model an exhilarating, sense of pride in our community, and should be the kind of person who seeks an intense and exciting interest in helping others succeed. The nominee should also be the kind of person whom the Bishop Lynch community finds refreshing, uplifting and youthful in attitude.

The 2017 JFK Award honoree has been called tireless, invested and selfless. As a matter of fact, one of his co-workers considers this year’s winner, “a hero to the rescue (even if it’s a last minute request).” Whether it’s 6:00 am or 10:00 pm, his refreshing, uplifting and youthful attitude does not go unnoticed by his peers or the students he comes in contact with – every single day.

If you truly want to know how this award recipient makes a difference on our campus, all you have to do is ask some of the students.

As senior Trey Thomas (presenter of the JFK Award) noted, “Personally, I have NEVER seen this guy in a bad mood … EVER!”

Another student might tell you, “That man must run on some Energizer batteries because I’m not sure when he sleeps!” Or, they might say something like, “Maybe he has a clone because there’s no WAY just one person can do all that he does in a day.”

What makes this recipient so special though, is that it’s obvious he truly cares about every person at Bishop Lynch High School. He’s a husband, father, friend and teacher, who knows how to earn respect while quietly motivating the students of Bishop Lynch. Overall, he is recognized as a great role model, and according to just about everyone, “He is just a good man.”

Nominated by his peers and voted on by the Student Council; this year’s winner of the John F. Kennedy Award is humble, dedicated and full of energy. Congratulations, to the man with the kindest smile, the warmest personality, and the greatest work ethic — facilities and security team member, Mr. Michael Ogunbadejo!

Click here to see the award presentation video >> https://bishoplynchhighschool.wistia.com/medias/rcyqygrc7s